Kali Linux is a Debian-based distribution for digital forensics and penetration testing, developed and maintained by Offensive Security. Mati Aharoni and Devon Kearns rewrote BackTrack. Kali Linux is the most versatile and advanced penetration testing tool release operating system. Kali tools are often updated and can be used on other platforms, such as VMware and ARM.
Kali Linux 2019.4 released. This version ship with kernel 5.3.9.
- A new default desktop environment, Xfce
- New GTK3 theme (for Gnome and Xfce)
- Introduction of “Kali Undercover” mode
- Kali Documentation has a new home and is now Git powered
- Public Packaging – getting your tools into Kali
- Kali NetHunter KeX – Full Kali desktop on Android
- BTRFS during setup
- Added PowerShell
- The kernel is upgraded to version 5.3.9
- … Plus the normal bugs fixes and updates.
How to update to Kali Linux 2019.4
[email protected]:~# apt update && apt -y full-upgrade
The post Kali Linux 2019.4 releases: kernel 5.3.9, new theme & desktop environment appeared first on Penetration Testing.