Short Bytes: Facebook has revealed the most talked about topics on its social network. This list has been released after analyzing the posts of 1.8 billion users from Jan. 1 to Nov. 27. The topics in the list include Pokemon Go, Rio Olympics, and Donald Trump’s win, of course.
Facebook has become the ultimate source for gathering news, interacting with friends, and sharing opinions. Every day, millions of people open their Facebook profiles and talk about various things of different interests.
In a recent blog post, Facebook has released the list of the most talked about topics on the social network in 2016.
Most Talked About Topics On Facebook In 2016
- US Presidential Election: Donald Trump dominated the news coverage during the US Presidential elections. He beat Hillary Clinton and won the key to the White House.
- Brazilian Politics: Brazil’s former president Dilma Rousseff was suspended from office in May.
- Pokemon Go: Pokemon Go arrived and created a storm in the mobile gaming world — just for a couple of months.
- Black Lives Matter: The Black Lives Matter movement was a popular topic on social media after many police shootings that involved unarmed black civilians.
- Rodrigo Duterte & Philippine Presidential Election: Rodrigo Duterte, Philippine President, has been a talk of the town since he was elected in June. Since then, he has talked a lot about implementing martial law.
- Olympics: Brazil hosted this year’s Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The USA topped the Rio Medal tally with 121 medals.
- Brexit: This year, the United Kingdom supported Britain’s exit from the European Union as the result of a unanimous voting.
- Super Bowl: The Super Bowl 50 was won by the Denver Broncos. They beat Carolina Panthers, 24-10.
- David Bowie: At the age of 69, the legendary artist and singer died in January.
- Muhammad Ali: In June, popular boxer Muhammad Ali died at age 74.
Did you find this post interesting? Share your views in the comments section below.