What is this?
Certain characters in passwords (‘O’ and ‘0’, ‘I’ and ‘l’, etc.) can be hard to identify when you need to type them in (and copy-paste is unavailable). Password Lense is a small web application that provides a quick and secure way to get a more informative view of your password.
- Color codes each character in your password with a corresponding legend/key
- Hover-based tooltip on each character in case the colors are not enough
- Accessible color palette
- Monospace font for easy character identification
- Core functionality works even when offline
- Secure (your password never leaves your browser)
ESCclears the password (in case someone walks in unexpectedly)
- Checks your password against those available in publicly disclosed data breaches (requires Internet connectivity)
- Automatically checks for updates (requires Internet connectivity)